The parish was founded in 1921 and a temporary church was built for the community to meet for Holy Mass. In 1929 the present church was built (across the street from the original church) in a mission style with Gothic interior details. The original church became the parish hall, which was torn down in 1949 to build the parish school on the same site. The school had only grades 1-6 and later a large part of the parish hall (in the basement of the school) was utilized to add three classrooms. Presently the school has grades TK-8. In the early 1960’s the old rectory (a small house) was torn down and replaced by the present rectory and parish offices.